Benedetto Piccoli is the Joseph and Loretta Lopez Chair Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Rutgers University–Camden as well as the Vice Chancellor for Research of the university.
- University of Padua, Laurea Degree (BSc) in Mathematics July 1991.
- SISSA-ISAS (Trieste, Italy), Master in Mathematics in October 1992.
- SISSA-ISAS (Trieste, Italy), PhD in Mathematics October 1994.
- Vice Chancelor for Research, Rutgers University – Camden, Jan. 2020 – ongoing
- Associate Provost for Research, Rutgers University – Camden, Jan. 2016 – 2020<
- Director, Center for Computational and Integrative Biology, Rutgers University – Camden, Oct. 2014 – Dec. 2015
- Program Director, Center of Computational and Integrative Biology, Rutgers University – Camden 2011-14
- Joseph and Loretta Lopez Chair Professor of Mathematics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Rutgers University – Camden Sept. 2009 – ongoing
- Research Director, IAC – CNR Dec. 2001 – Sept. 2009
- Associate Professor, University of Salerno (tenured Oct. 2001) Nov. 1998 – Dec. 2001
- Researcher, SISSA-ISAS (tenured Nov. 1997) Dec. 1994 – Oct. 1998
- Foundation of a new journal ”Networks and Heterogeneous Media” in 2006. New journal in the area of interdisciplinary mathematics , currently Editor in Chief.
- Worskhop Organization: 30 in the period 1998-2014. Member of Panel 7: Mathematical Programing and Industrial Applications-2 for ICIAM 2011. Director for CIME course ”Modelling and Optimisation of Flows on Networks”, June 2009, Cetraro (CS), Italy.
- Plenary speaker: 12th International Conference Hyp2008, College Park, Maryland, June 2008. STAMM 08, Trento, Italy, September 2008. IperBa09, Bari, Italy, February 2009. ICIAM 2011, Vancouver, July 2011. Netco 2014, Tour (France), June 2014.
- Invited Speaker: 40+ workshops in the period 1998-2016.
- Board of Trustees Award for Excellence in Research, Rutgers University 2021.
- Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, class of inaugural fellows 2012.
- Fubini Prize 2009., given by Istituto Superiore ”Mario Boella”, in collaboration with Polymath of Torino and the Association ”Subalpina Mathesis”.